Thursday, July 19, 2012

Misc. Fun in Photos

I just love this photo of my mom with Nathan, holding a water balloon.  Its so nice to spend time with my parents and enjoy the summer outdoors in our yard.
If you tell three boys that they can do anything they want on a free Saturday.  Be prepared for what their answer will be.  Chuck E Cheese.  Next time I ask, Ill make sure to indicate it has to be an outdoor activity :)

All three boys had a blast on Saturday morning.  We practically had the place to ourselves (go figure, it was a beautiful Sat morning).



 Nathan enjoying one of many Popsicles this summer.
 A playdate with our dear friends and old neighbors always means lots of fun for all the kids.  7 kids and two adults, and yet, no tears or major problems!!!

 Nathan trying out the slip and slide.
 Nathan and Max get along really well.
 Nathan loves all things cars and trucks.  Today he found Justin's game Rush Hour Jr. and insisted on playing.  I told him that the object of the game was to get all the cars and trucks on the board.  Ten minutes later he was calling me, "mommy, come see".  The kid had fit all those cars and trucks on the board perfectly!  This is no small feat mind you, because they are all different sizes.  I was impressed!!!
 Nathan loves to play in the sink and "help" me in the kitchen while I cook and bake.  And because Im constantly in the kitchen, this has become a nearly daily activity.  My mom brought him over a cute little baking set of his own, which included a plastic apron that Nathan just adores.  Today he insisted on wearing it "to cover my pajamas so they no get wet" while he helped me in the kitchen.
 Then he insisted on trying the raw zucchini we were cooking with.  He liked it raw!  The kid will eat/try anything, especially if he knows it came from our garden.  He loves eating snap peas right off the vines and blackberries off the bushes.
 Nathan mixed up his own batch of zucchini cakes today in his little bowl while I made mine.  His included LOTS of salt.
 Working side by side.
 I set the whole morning aside to deal with the large quantity of zucchini and cucumbers that I had on hand from the garden.  Our zucchini count is already at 17 for the season, and its only just begun.  We have had just as many cucumbers too.  So, today I made a double, double batch of my mom's delicious zucchini bread recipe.  I froze as much of it as I could, before the boys devoured it!  My boys love zucchini bread.  I also tried out a new recipe for zucchini cakes, they are like a fried patty.  And I made some zucchini pickles, as well as cucumber pickles.  I have to say, the zucchini pickles came out better than the cucumber ones!  Delicious!!!
 I have been playing around with a new macro lens for my camera and got some nice pictures of things from the garden and yard tonight.
 Our peaches are getting nearly ready for eating!!!!!!  YUM.
 There is something about the smell of marigolds that I cant get enough of.  I love this tall variety that I grew from seed along the edge of my garden.
 Heirloom tomatoes getting ready...
 My squash in my garden has totally taken over, its impossibly huge.  I cant believe how much room it has taken over in my garden already.  Its weaving its way through all the tomato plants and soon will be out of the garden fence altogether!  Hopefully we get some pumpkins and decent squash this year from it.

No comments: